Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the stpaulsbyb.com (“Website” or “stpaulsbyb.com”) service provided by Better Yourself Books. This website is owned and operated by St Pauls & Better Yourself Books “or St St Pauls & Better Yourself Books ‘, ‘we’ or ‘us’) Registered office located at 58/23rd Road, T.P.S III, Bandra (West), Mumbai -400 050 . In using stpaulsbyb.com service of St Pauls & Better Yourself Books you are deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions of the agreement listed below or as may be revised from time to time, which is, for an indefinite period and you understand and agree that you are bound by such terms till the time you access the website. If you want to ask us anything about these terms & conditions or have any comments or complaints on or about our website, You can reach us at our customer care number (022) 26436106 between 9:00am and 5:00pm all days, or you may email us at stpaulsbyb.com. We will make all attempts to respond to you within one working day.
We reserve the right to change these terms & conditions from time to time without any obligation to inform you and it is your responsibility to look through them as often as possible.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to St Pauls & Better Yourself Books. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the written permission of St Pauls & Better Yourself Books . You may not modify, distribute or re-post something on this website for any purpose.
Accuracy of content and invitation to offer
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all merchandise have been fairly described. All prices are displayed inclusive of VAT. Packaging may vary from that shown. The weights, dimensions and capacities given are approximate only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our merchandise that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the merchandise on delivery. To the extent permitted by applicable law, St Pauls & Better Yourself Books disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
All merchandise /services and information displayed on stpaulsbyb.com (“Website” or “stpaulsbyb.com”) constitute an invitation to offer. Your order for purchase constitutes your offer which shall be subject to the terms and conditions as listed herein. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books reserves the right to accept or reject your offer in part or in full. Our acceptance of your order will take place upon dispatch of the merchandise ordered. Dispatch of all the merchandise ordered, may or may not happen at the same time, in such a scenario that portion of the order which has been dispatched will be deemed to have been accepted by stpaulsbyb.com and the balance would continue to be an offer to stpaulsbyb.com and stpaulsbyb.com reserves the right to accept or reject such balance order. No act or omission of stpaulsbyb.com prior to the actual dispatch of the merchandise ordered will constitute acceptance of your offer. If you have supplied us with your email address, we will notify you by email as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and email you again to confirm dispatch and therefore acceptance of the order.
Eligibility to Use
Use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Persons who are “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 as amended from time to time including its reenactment thereof & un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website. If your age is below 18 years, you are prohibited to use/purchase/contract from/with this website. Such persons are also prohibited from purchasing any material which is for adult consumption the sale or purchase of which to/by minors are strictly prohibited. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books reserves the right to terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to the website if stpaulsbyb.com discovers that you are under the age of 18 years. The website is not available to persons whose membership has been suspended or terminated by stpaulsbyb.com for any reason whatsoever. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to this User Agreement. Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at those who access this web from India. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books makes no representation that any merchandise or services referred to in the materials on this web are appropriate for use, or available outside India. Those who choose to access this website from outside India are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books will deliver the merchandise only within in India and will not be liable for any claims relating to any merchandise ordered from outside India. Some Indian states prohibit direct sale of merchandise from other states and require special documentation to effect such a sale without dual taxation, if stpaulsbyb.com receives a order from such states or to be delivered to such states (to see a list please refer our shipping policy) under such circumstances St Pauls & Better Yourself Books retains the right to accept or reject the order.
Those who choose to access this website from Indian states which restrict such use are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local state laws are applicable. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books will deliver the merchandise only within states having open import policy and will not be liable for any claims relating to any merchandise ordered from restricted states. Except where additional terms and conditions are provided which are merchandise specific, these terms and conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings, or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with any other terms of any order submitted. By using the services of stpaulsbyb.com you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
Account and Registration Obligations
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books does not want to receive confidential, proprietary or trade secret information through this Website (excluding information related to any order you submit). Please note that any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to stpaulsbyb.com will be deemed non-confidential. By submitting any such information, you are granting stpaulsbyb.com an irrevocable and unrestricted license to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute such materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments for any purpose whatsoever. However, we will not use your name in connection with any such materials, information, suggestions, and ideas or comments unless we first obtain your permission or otherwise are required by law to do so.
You also agree and confirm:
- To provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by St Pauls & Better Yourself Books Registration Form or Guest details Form (such information being the “Registration Data”).
- To maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or not current or if stpaulsbyb.com has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, and not current or not in accordance with the User Agreement, stpaulsbyb.com has the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to the Website.
- That in the event that a non-delivery occurs on account of a mistake by you (i.e. wrong name or address or any other wrong information) any extra cost incurred by stpaulsbyb.com for redelivery shall be claimed from you and you shall pay such cost.
- That you will use the services provided by stpaulsbyb.com, its affiliates, consultants and contracted companies, for lawful purposes only and comply with all applicable laws and regulations while using the Website and transacting on the Website.
- You will provide authentic and true information in all instances where such information is requested of you. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books reserves the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by you at any point of time. If upon confirmation your details are found not to be true (wholly or partly), stpaulsbyb.com has the right in its sole discretion to reject the registration and debar you from using the Services of stpaulsbyb.com and or other affiliated websites without prior intimation whatsoever.
- That you are accessing the services available on this Website and transacting at your sole risk and are using your best and prudent judgment before entering into any transaction through this Website.
- That the address at which delivery of the merchandise ordered by you is to be made will be correct and proper in all respects.
- That before placing an order you will check the merchandise description carefully. By placing an order for merchandise you agree to be bound by the conditions of sale and invitation of offer included in the merchandise description.
You shall not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material.
- Transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice.
- Gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems.
- Interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website.
- Breaching any applicable laws;
- Interfering or disrupting networks or websites connected to the Website.
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Book Rewards Membership Program and its members
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to limit the quantity of merchandise purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may be applicable to orders placed by the same account, the same credit / debit card, and also to orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. We will provide notification to the customer should such limits be applied. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books also reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to prohibit sales to any one as it may deem fit.
While St Pauls & Better Yourself Books strives to provide accurate merchandise and pricing information, pricing or typographical errors may occur. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books cannot confirm the price of merchandise until after you order. In the event that merchandise is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or merchandise information, stpaulsbyb.com shall have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that merchandise, unless the merchandise has already been dispatched. In the event that an merchandise is mis-priced, stpaulsbyb.com may, at its discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Unless the merchandise ordered by you has been dispatched, your offer will not be deemed accepted and stpaulsbyb.com will have the right to modify the price of the merchandise and contact you for further instructions using the e-mail address provided by you during the time of registration, or cancel the order and notify you of such cancellation. In the event that stpaulsbyb.com accepts your order the same shall be debited to your credit / debit card account and duly notified to you by email that the payment has been processed. The payment may be processed prior to stpaulsbyb.com dispatches the merchandise that you have ordered. If we have to cancel the order after we have processed the payment, the said amount will be reversed back to your credit / debit card account.
We strive to provide you with best value. However, sometimes a price online may not match the price in a store in your particular geographic region and store pricing may sometimes differ from online prices. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Cancellation by stpaulsbyb.com
Please note that there may be certain orders that we are unable to accept and must cancel. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason. Some situations that may result in your order being canceled include limitations on quantities available for purchase, inaccuracies or errors in merchandise or pricing information, or problems identified by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will inform you if all or any portion of your order is canceled or if additional information is required to accept your order. If your order is cancelled after your credit / debit card has been charged, the said amount will be reversed back in your Card Account.
We will seek authorization on your Card for the aggregate amount of the order placed by you, however, we may charge your card (capture) only with the amount corresponding to the actual portion of the order that we are able/willing to fulfill, and any associated shipping charges/taxes and levies etc. Any surplus amount, for which we might have originally sought and received an authorization on your card from your Card Issuer, if not captured by us in the time period stipulated by our Merchant Banker, will not be captured / charged. If however the same is charged to your card / bank account in error, we will refund it as soon as the same is realized by us or brought to our notice, whichever is sooner. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books reserves the right to capture / charge your card to the full or partial authorized amount for the concerned order.
Cancellations by the customer
You may cancel your order or some merchandise in your order before we bill and ship the merchandise. You may also exchange the merchandise or get a refund by returning the merchandise (with the exception of Gift certificates & Book rewards membership) in unused, saleable condition in its original packaging along with original tags, for a return or an exchange, within 14 days from the date on which these merchandise are delivered. For details of how to exercise this right please see our Returns Policy. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books does not accept returns or exchanges of Gift vouchers & Book Rewards Membership. In case we receive a cancellation notice and the order has not been processed /approved by us, we shall cancel the order and refund the entire amount, if any, charged to your card. However, orders placed for the Book Rewards Membership or gift vouchers cannot be canceled or returned. The customer agrees not to dispute the decision made by stpaulsbyb.com and accept stpaulsbyb.com decision regarding the cancellation.
Returns/Exchange at St Pauls & Better Yourself Books stores:
- Most merchandise are returnable in our stores, to check which merchandise cannot be returned in our stores please call our customer care on (022) 26436106 (9:00 am to 5:00 pm). You may visit any St Pauls & Better Yourself Books store in India, and return the merchandise in unused condition, along with the original sale invoice.
- If you return any merchandise purchased on stpaulsbyb.com at any St Pauls & Better Yourself Books store, you shall be issued a St Pauls & Better Yourself Books credit note against receipt of the merchandise, which may be redeemed against any purchases of an equivalent amount from any St Pauls & Better Yourself Books store within 6 months.
- Please note that the original St Pauls & Better Yourself Books credit note must be produced while redeeming against any purchases. We shall not be responsible in the event the original credit note is misplaced or destroyed.
- St Pauls & Better Yourself Books credit note can only be used to pay for purchases at St Pauls & Better Yourself Books stores, and cannot be redeemed against purchases made on betteryourselfbooks.com.
- The issue of St Pauls & Better Yourself Books credit note, to the person returning the merchandise, against the returned merchandise shall be sufficient discharge to St Pauls & Better Yourself Books for the return of the merchandise, regardless of whether the payment for the original purchase was made by credit/ debit card or through any other means.
Returns/ Exchange through courier collection:
- Any refund against a return request made to stpaulsbyb.com customer support, and collected by courier from the delivery address where the merchandise was originally delivered, shall be processed only upon receipt of the merchandise in unused condition, along with the original sales invoice.
- After the merchandise is received by stpaulsbyb.com, and subject to verification of the purchase and condition of merchandise we shall process a refund/exchange within 5 working days of receipt of the merchandise.
- Refunds of payments charged to the Cardholder’s credit / debit card will only be credited back to the Cardholder’s credit / debit card account, which was used to pay for the original order. Please note that we shall not be responsible for any delays in credit to the Cardholder’s credit / debit card account as that is managed by the Cardholder’s issuing bank.
- Some merchandise can only be returned through courier collection process.
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books and its associated acquiring bank or financial institutions reserve the right to recover the cost of merchandise, collection charges and lawyers fees from persons using the Website fraudulently. Better Yourself Books.com and its associated acquiring banks or financial institutions reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings against such persons for fraudulent use of the Website and any other unlawful acts or acts or omissions in breach of these terms and conditions.
When you visit the Website or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
We have made every effort to display the colors of our merchandise that appear on the Website as accurately as possible. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
Reviews, Feedback, Submissions
All reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to stpaulsbyb.com on or by this Website or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection with your use of this Website (collectively, the “Comments”) shall be and remain stpaulsbyb.com property. Such disclosure, submission or offer of any Comments shall constitute an assignment to stpaulsbyb.com of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual properties in the Comments. Thus, stpaulsbyb.com owns exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise, of any Comments. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay you any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Website will not violate this policy or any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to the Website will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of ‘spam’.
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books does not regularly review posted Comments, but does reserve the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any Comments submitted to the Website. You grant stpaulsbyb.com the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify stpaulsbyb.com and its affiliates for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books and its affiliates take no responsibility and assume no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third party.
Copyright & Trademark
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books and its suppliers and licensors expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in all text, programs, merchandise, processes, technology, content and other materials, which appear on this Website. Access to this Website does not confer and shall not be considered as conferring upon anyone any license under any of stpaulsbyb.com or any third party’s intellectual property rights. All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to stpaulsbyb.com Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of stpaulsbyb.com. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose.
The stpaulsbyb.com names and logos and all related merchandise and service names, design marks and slogans are the trademarks or service marks of St Pauls & Better Yourself Books. All other marks are the property of their respective companies. No trademark or service mark license is granted in connection with the materials contained on this Website. Access to this Website does not authorize anyone to use any name, logo or mark in any manner.
References on this Website to any names, marks, merchandise or services of third parties or hypertext links to third party websites or information are provided solely as a convenience to you and do not in any way constitute or imply stpaulsbyb.com endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party, information, merchandise or service.
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books is not responsible for the content of any third party websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of material on such websites. If you decide to link to any such third party websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
All materials, including images, text, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, programs, music clips or downloads, video clips and written and other materials that are part of this Website (collectively, the ‘Contents’) are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may download or copy the Contents and other downloadable materials displayed on the Website for your personal use only. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Contents, the Website or any related software. All software used on this Website is the property of stpaulsbyb.com or its suppliers and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The Contents and software on this Website may be used only as a shopping resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the Contents on this Website is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise noted, all Contents are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property owned, controlled or licensed by stpaulsbyb.com, one of its affiliates or by third parties who have licensed their materials to stpaulsbyb.com and are protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all Contents on this Website is the exclusive property of stpaulsbyb.com and is also protected by Indian and international copyright laws.
You understand that by using this Website or any services provided on the Website, you may encounter Content that may be deemed by some to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which Content may or may not be identified as such. You agree to use the Website and any service at your sole risk and that to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, stpaulsbyb.com and its affiliates shall have no liability to you for Content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable to you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless stpaulsbyb.com, its employees, directors, officers, agents and their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, caused by or arising out of claims based upon your actions or inactions, which may result in any loss or liability to stpaulsbyb.com or any third party including but not limited to breach of any warranties, representations or undertakings or in relation to the non-fulfillment of any of your obligations under this User Agreement or arising out of your violation of any applicable laws, regulations including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights, payment of statutory dues and taxes, claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, loss of service by other subscribers and infringement of intellectual property or other rights. This clause shall survive the expiry or termination of this User Agreement.
This User Agreement is effective unless and until terminated by either you or stpaulsbyb.com. You may terminate this User Agreement at any time by informing us in writing through Indian postal system by registered post that you no longer wish to be associated with this website, provided that you discontinue any further use of this Website.
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books may terminate this User Agreement at any time and may do so immediately without notice, and accordingly deny you access to the Website. Such termination will be without any liability to stpaulsbyb.com. Upon any termination of the User Agreement by either you or stpaulsbyb.com, you must promptly destroy all materials downloaded or otherwise obtained from this Website, as well as all copies of such materials, whether made under the User Agreement or otherwise. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books right to any Comments shall survive any termination of this User Agreement. Any such termination of the User Agreement shall not cancel your obligation to pay for the merchandise already ordered from the Website or affect any liability that may have arisen under the User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
The Website is provided without any warranties or guarantees and in an “As Is” condition. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the Website. The Website provides content from other Internet websites or resources and while stpaulsbyb.com tries to ensure that material included on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, it cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the Website.This disclaimer does not apply to any merchandise warranty offered by the manufacturer of the merchandise as specified in the merchandise specifications. This disclaimer constitutes an essential part of this User Agreement.To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, stpaulsbyb.com or its group/ affiliates companies or its suppliers shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses arising out of or in connection with the Website, its services or this User Agreement. Without prejudice to the generality of the section above, the total liability of stpaulsbyb.com to you for all liabilities arising out of this User Agreement be it in tort or contract is limited to the amount charged to you, against the value of the merchandise ordered by you.
Better Yourself Books, its associates and technology partners make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness and/or timeliness of any content, information, software, text, graphics, links or communications provided on or through the use of the Website or that the operation of the Website will be error free and/or uninterrupted. Consequently, stpaulsbyb.com assumes no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by you on account of the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Website; and/or any interruption or errors in the operation of the Website.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website, including, without limitation,
- Accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any other user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, ‘flooding,’ ‘spamming’, ‘mail bombing’ or ‘crashing;’
- Sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of merchandise or services; or
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity being conducted on this Website. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Website other than the search engine and search agents available from stpaulsbyb.com on this Website and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer).
If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed to be superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and stpaulsbyb.com with respect to the stpaulsbyb.com websites/services and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and stpaulsbyb.com with respect to the stpaulsbyb.com websites/services. St Pauls & Better Yourself Books failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This User Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the applicable laws of India. The Courts at Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any proceedings arising out of this agreement.
Any dispute or difference either in interpretation or otherwise, of any terms of this User Agreement between the parties hereto, the same shall be referred to an independent arbitrator who will be appointed by St Pauls & Better Yourself Books and his decision shall be final and binding on the parties hereto. The above arbitration shall be in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 as amended from time to time. The arbitration shall be held in Mumbai. The High Court of judicature at Mumbai alone shall have the jurisdiction and the Laws of India shall apply.
Modification of Terms and conditions of Service
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books may at any time modify the User Agreement without any prior notification to you. Subsequent to any modification of the User Agreement, we will inform you of the modifications in the User Agreement via e-mail at the address provided by you while registering on betteryourselfbooks.com. You can access the latest version of the User Agreement at any given time on betteryourselfbooks.com. You should regularly review the User Agreement on stpaulsbyb.com. In the event the modified User Agreement is not acceptable to you, you should discontinue using the service. However, if you continue to use the service you shall be deemed to have agreed to accept and abide by the modified
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books.
58/23rd Road, T.P.S III,
Mumbai -400 050
Tel: (022) 26436106
Email: [email protected]
Nature of Information collected by us
During your registration or usage of the Website you may provide and/or we may access, capture or store various sensitive personal information, personal information or general information or data with respect to your activities or usage on the Website. We may install cookies or other similar data collection software in your computer system for such purpose and you hereby consent to the same. Certain information or data which you will provide includes:
a. First Name and Last Name (used as a user name)
c. Password(s) associated with the above user identification (email id)
In the event, you, being a minor, do not wish to register on our Website, but wish to generally browse and use the Website, you hereby declare that you have the consent and authorization of your parent / guardian and will use the Website under his/her control and supervision.
You shall provide correct and updated information
You represent to us that the information or data you provide to us on the Website from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data to us. Your providing the information or data to us and our consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders and decrees.
Information for which we are not responsible
While using the Website you may provide sensitive personal information, or other general information about yourself or in connection with yourself to third parties or generally post on the Website. The Website may have webpages, cookies, files, software, data or other information or communication links that are originated, created or posted by third parties (including advertisers, content or other partners or users) that can or have the capabilities of collecting, storing or using your data / information. We are not responsible for such data or information collected, stored or used by third parties even if such third parties use the Website to collect, store or use such data or information.
How we protect your information
At the minimum those mandated under Information Technology Act, 2000 as amended and read with Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, to safeguard and protect your data and information. However, you may note that we may collect, store and process your information or data in computer resource, computer system or computer network which may not be owned or controlled by us and may be situated outside of Republic of India. You acknowledge that governmental or law enforcement authorities in the countries where your data or information is stored may have right to decrypt, collect, monitor or access to your data or information which actions are completely out of our control. We don’t take any responsibilities for such actions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we have commercially reasonable procedures and security features in place to reasonably endeavor to prevent unauthorized access.
How we use your information
One of the key purposes for us to collect your personal and general information or data is to provide you with a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience.
You agree that we may use your information or data, to analyze site usage, improve the site’s content and offerings, and customize the site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the site.
You acknowledge that the Website provides free of cost access to you. We have received and will continue to receive funds from various third parties including government agencies within or outside of India. We may share your data or information, with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and joint ventures that are committed to serving your needs and related services, throughout the world. To the extent that these entities have access to your information, they will treat it at least as protectively as they treat information they obtain from their other users.
You understand, agree and acknowledge that our collection, storage and processing of your information or data for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of the Website, our activities and those of our affiliates, subsidiaries and joint ventures. You further understand, agree and acknowledge that your information or data which is classified as sensitive personal information as per applicable laws is considered necessary for us to provide various services on the Website to you and for your usage of the Website and other services provided by us in relation to the Website.
How we store your information or data
Your information or data will primarily be stored in electronic form however certain data can also be stored in physical form.
We may use your information or data for various communications to you. You have full control regarding which of these communications you want to receive. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective.
Deleting your information
If you wish to have the information or data that you have provided to us deleted, you can always do so by sending a request to us on the e-mail id of our services department provided at the bottom of this page. You may note that deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation of your registration with the Website and your access to certain features of the Website. You also agree and acknowledge that certain data or information cannot be deleted or prohibited to be deleted as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings.
We are committed to delivering your order accurately, in good condition, and always on time. Please note our shipping policy as follows:
- We currently deliver to major cities across India. Type your Pin code on the Home page to check Pin Codes we deliver to.
- Currently, each order may be shipped only to a single destination address. If you wish to ship merchandise to different addresses, you shall need to place multiple orders.
- We make our best efforts to ship each merchandise in your order within 3-5 working days of the order. However in some cases, we may take longer, up to 9 working days, to ship the order as we may have to procure it from some other stores or our suppliers. In the unlikely event that we are not able to ship your order completely within 6 days of the order, we shall inform you & as per your instructions cancel the remaining unshipped part of the order, and also send you an email informing you about the same. In such cases, your payment against the unshipped part of the order shall be refunded; in the manner you have made the payment.
- We ship on all week days (Monday to Saturday), excluding public holidays.
- Typically all Mumbai deliveries are completed within 3-5 days post shipment and outside Mumbai deliveries are completed within 4-5 days post shipment, excluding the date of shipping. International titles may take additional 3-4 weeks to deliver. The delivery time is mentioned on the product details page of every merchandise.
- To ensure that your order reaches you in the fastest time and in good condition, we only ship through reputed courier agencies.
- While we shall endeavor to ship all merchandise in your order together, this may not always be possible due to merchandise characteristics, or availability.
- If you believe that the merchandise is not in a good condition, or if the packaging is tampered with or damaged, before accepting delivery of the merchandise, please refuse to take delivery of the package, and call our Customer Care or mail us at stpaulsbyb.com, mentioning your order reference number. We shall make our best efforts to ensure that a replacement delivery is made to you at the earliest.
- You may track the shipping status of your order on our website, by clicking Track Your Order
St Pauls & Better Yourself Books is committed to ensuring your satisfaction with any merchandise you have ordered from us.
At stpaulsbyb.com we offer an EASY 14-DAY REFUND OR EXCHANGE policy. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, you may exchange or return most merchandise bought from stpaulsbyb.com
– In the unlikely event that any merchandise you have ordered from us is not received in good condition, is damaged or defective, or if merchandise delivered is different from what you had expected, you may return the merchandise unused, and in the same condition as you received it, in its original packaging along with original tags, for a refund or an exchange, within 14 days from the date on which these merchandise are delivered.
– You may return the merchandise to us in the following ways:
-Most merchandise are returnable in our stores, to check which merchandise cannot be returned in our stores please call our (022) 26436106 between 9:00am and 5:00pm all days.
– You may visit any ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS store in India, and return the merchandise in unused condition, along with the original sales invoice, or you may call stpaulsbyb.com customer care number (022) 26436106 between 9:00am and 5:00pm all days and request a return or exchange. We will arrange for the merchandise to be collected from the delivery address through courier, and returned to us. We shall process the return subject to receipt of the merchandise at our location in unused condition in its original packaging along with original tags and invoice, failing which return/ exchange / refund may not be possible. In some cases you will have to courier us the merchandise.
– Any returns/exchanges at ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOK stores, or through courier, must be accompanied by the original sale invoice, which is shipped along with the merchandise. We will not be able to accept returns which are not accompanied by the relevant original sales invoice.
– Before accepting delivery of any merchandise, please ensure that the packaging has not been damaged or tampered with. If you believe that the merchandise is not in a good condition, or if the packaging is tampered with or damaged, before accepting delivery of the merchandise, please refuse to take delivery of the package, and call our customer care number (022) 26436106between 9:00am and 5:00pm all days, or you may email us at stpaulsbyb.com mentioning your order reference number. We shall make our best efforts to ensure that a replacement delivery is made to you at the earliest.
– While we shall make our best efforts to ensure that you are fully satisfied with any merchandise you order from stpaulsbyb.com, we shall be unable to accept returns or exchanges of the Gift Vouchers & Book Rewards membership.
– Any Book rewards points which are accumulated at the time of purchase will be reversed if such merchandise, on which points were earned, is returned.
– In the event you return any merchandise which is delivered to you in damaged/defective condition, we will also refund the shipping charges applicable to that merchandise, if we are unable to exchange or replace the merchandise. The replacement merchandise will be shipped to you at no additional shipping charge.
Returns/Exchange at ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS stores:
– Most merchandise are returnable in our stores, to check which merchandise cannot be returned in our stores please call our customer care number (022) 26436106 between 9:00am and 5:00pm all days. You may visit any ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS store in India, and return the merchandise in unused condition, along with the original sale invoice.
– If you return any merchandise purchased on stpaulsbyb.com at any ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS store, you shall be issued a ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS credit note against receipt of the merchandise, which may be redeemed against any purchases of an equivalent amount from any ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS store within 6 months.
– Please note that the original ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS credit note must be produced while redeeming against any purchases. We shall not be responsible in the event the original credit note is misplaced or destroyed.
– ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS credit note can only be used to pay for purchases at ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS stores, and cannot be redeemed against purchases made on stpaulsbyb.com
– The issue of ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS credit note, to the person returning the merchandise, against the returned merchandise shall be sufficient discharge to ST PAULS & BETTER YOURSELF BOOKS for the return of the merchandise, regardless of whether the payment for the original purchase was made by credit/ debit card or through any other means.
Returns/Exchange through courier collection
– If you request a return/exchange through courier collection, at the time of collecting the merchandise, you will be given a courier Airway Bill, which is to be retained for future reference. Please also keep a copy of the sales invoice for future reference, before handing over the return merchandise and original sales invoice to the courier. We will send the original invoice back to you through courier, after processing your return/exchange request.
– Exchanges through courier collection shall only be done, for merchandise with exactly the same price as the merchandise being returned. Please indicate clearly the replacement merchandise requested and our Customer Care Associate will check and confirm if the merchandise is available in stock and whether the exchange can be made.
– Any refund against a “return request” made to stpaulsbyb.com customer support, and collected by courier from the delivery address where the merchandise was originally delivered, shall be processed only upon receipt of the merchandise in unused condition, along with the original sales invoice.
– After the merchandise is received by stpaulsbyb.com, and subject to verification of the purchase and condition of merchandise we shall process a refund/exchange within 5 working days of receipt of the merchandise.
– Refunds of payments charged to the Cardholder’s credit card will only be credited back to the Cardholder’s credit card account, which was used to pay for the original order. Please note that we shall not be responsible for any delays in credit to the Cardholder’s credit card account as that is managed by the Cardholder’s issuing bank.
– Some merchandise can only be returned through courier collection process. PLEASE CALL AT (022) 6436106 between 9:00am and 5:00pm all days OR MAIL US AT [email protected] if you have any queries or concerns about our returns and exchange policy.